Ticketbud has partnered with the American Basketball Association (ABA), supporting the launch of their upcoming season.
The American Basketball Association was relaunched in 1999 and now includes over 150 teams across the United States. Traditionally ABA game tickets have been sold locally offline or as cash sales at the gate, limiting the ability of teams to grow their fan base and ticket sales.
Each year the share of sporting and event tickets purchased online and on mobile devices steadily increases, while offline sales decline. With more people searching for events on their phones, it becomes vital for event promotion and ticket sales to be mobile accessible to maximize market share.
The ABA and Ticketbud partnership is a great match for both organizations. Ticketbud sets ABA teams up for success, providing ongoing customer support and comprehensive reporting. Pre-sold game tickets give the ABA early access to funds and the ability to reach new audiences through digital channels.
Both companies acknowledge there will be a transition period as ABA teams and attendees adopt this new purchase channel and the opportunities it presents. Ticketbud supports ABA team owners with the tools for growth. Fans benefit from convenient ticket purchase and smooth gate entry, with fast scanning of mobile or print at home tickets.
“I want to grow the relationship between Ticketbud and the ABA, with more and more teams taking advantage of this partnership as they see the tremendous advantage Ticketbud provides”.Joe Newman, American Basketball Association, CEO and Co-founder.
It's All About Data
Online ticketing collects valuable data and insights that can be used in a variety of ways. Getting unrestricted access to this data is vital, as is your ownership of it.
“We look forward to a strong partnership with the ABA. It’s all about the value of customer data and buyer behavior insights. Building customer profiles from data allows the ABA to have more impact with their ongoing customer engagement, targeted communication and promotions”.Kayhan Ahmadi, Ticketbud CEO.
Setting the ABA up on Ticketbud
The ABA has an overarching landing page that highlights all the teams currently offering online tickets. Each team then has their own team page with customized images and content, showcasing their games as individual events. This setup also gives teams the freedom to operate independently financially, with seperate accounts. Online ticketing also gives the ABA an easy way to collect fees from teams by building it into the ticket price.
The American Basketball Association (ABA)
The original American Basketball Association was a men's professional basketball league that operated from 1967 to 76. The current ABA was relaunched in 1999 and now includes over 150 teams across the country, making it the largest professional sports league in the US. It is also the most diversified with 75% of its owners being African-American, Hispanic, Asian or women - with over 30 of the teams being owned by women.
The ABA season runs from November to March with playoffs that follow. Learn more about the ABA and it’s teams, or visit the ABA on Ticketbud for tickets (new teams are signing up to Ticketbud every week)
Ticketbud features and tools that ABA teams are able to take advantage of:
- Event pages for each game with customizable content, sponsor information, post purchase 'thank you page' and ticket email confirmation.
- Ticket programming helps sell more tickets. Ticketbud gives teams the ability to offer various ticket types, from family passes, early bird sales or other special promotions. They also have the option to sell merchandise and collect donations for fundraising. Unlike other providers, Ticketbud does not charge extra for access to unlimited ticket types.
- Custom questions to ask ticket buyers when they purchase tickets (these can be customized by ticket type).
- Customized ticket layouts.
- Promotion and event management tools such as discount or special access codes. Tools for tracking promotional efforts and widgets to sell tickets directly on a team website.
- Invitations - send and track special VIP and sponsor invites.
- Inbuilt communication tools to email attendees, including custom communication by ticket type.
- The ability to add collaborator access so owners can have assistance from their staff in managing events and ticket sales.
- Detailed reporting options, with valuable breakdowns of event data. ABA teams own and control their customer data, which will never be sold by Ticketbud.
A few benefits of working with Ticketbud:
- Ongoing customer support for teams in setting up their event ticketing to maximize sales.
- User-friendly system ideal for those moving to online ticketing for the first time.
- No Ticketbud account needed for ticket buyers. Keeping the purchase process quick and simple.
- Mobile optimized event pages to help teams sell more tickets.
- Flexible payouts with early access to funds before the event.
- Apple Wallet integration makes it easy for attendees to store and find event tickets fast.
- Free mobile check-in app for quick event day ticket scanning (available on iOS and Android devices).
Podcast interview with Joe Newman
Hear from Joe Newman, CEO and Co-Founder of the ABA in his guest interview on the Ticketbud Tidbits Podcast.
Get Started on Ticketbud
Are you still running an event with only offline sales? Not moving to online ticketing is costing more than you think.
Visit Ticketbud today and request a demo. It’s free to sign up and start planning.